Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Listening To My Body

Ever since I injured myself training for the LRM last year, I have vowed to always listen to my body. Effective yesterday it began telling me "You're not well." Thankfully, it's not an injury. It appears to be the common cold. I woke up yesterday achy with a "clogged" head, a pre-sore throat and with eyes that hurt due to pressure behind them. I began Tylenol Cold Multi-Symptom at noon yesterday. It does make me feel better!

Today I woke feeling even more horrible, so I did not run. Plus, it was pouring rain. I have decided that even if I have to miss all of the remaining runs this week, I'll be better off in the long run (pardon the pun!) to let my body rest and get well.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

smart move...

take your medicine, drink plenty of orange juice and get some rest.