Friday, November 03, 2006

LRM Training Run #5 - TGIF!

LRM Miles Trained To Date: 18

Today was completely different from yesterday, when I skipped the run. Yesterday I was very well rested and the weather was decent, yet I couldn't get out of bed. Today, when the alarm went off at 5:35 AM, I sprang out of bed (almost literally) after a mere 6 hours of sleep. It was 35 degrees outside and I was on a mission. I had to get my 3-mile easy run done.

I decided to run a semi out-and-back / semi loop course. I started the same way as always, but quickly got off the service road onto a hilly residential street. I ran through an OK neighborhood en route to a fancy-schmancy neighborhood, which I made a loop around and exited, coming back through the OK neighborhood and headed home. On the way back I passed a walker. She and I talked for a few minutes about how proud we were of each other for getting out there in the freezing cold and sticking to our routines. Yay us!

Mile 1: 12:52
Mile 2: 11:57 (too fast)
Mile 3: 12:04 (too fast)

I even ran a little extra. I guess I ran too much in the fancy-schmancy neighborhood, because 3.0 miles came before I got to my official stopping point. So I turned off the Garmin and ran it on in. Why not?

Tomorrow I will be doing my 7-mile longrun at Petit Jean State Park in the midst of a campng trip. The route looks hillacious. Wish me luck!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good luck tomorrow! I know you'll do well

MarathonChris said...

Great on you getting out there in 35 degrees. Hope the 7 miler went well!!