Thursday, May 03, 2007

SF10 TR #18, Easy Living

SF10 Miles Trained To Date: 111.25

Just two more days until my first 10K!

I needed to do 4 easy miles today, and since the rain held off long enough for me to do it (contrary to yesterday) I was able to get up and out in good form. I even made it a "dress rehearsal" for Saturday. Now I am READY.

I stayed in my neighborhood again today. Just four miles, I thought, surely could be accomplished here. Without my iPod, it did get a little monotonous... and I contemplated cutting it short... but I hung in there.

Mile 1: 10:48
Mile 2: 11:23
Mile 3: 11:46
Mile 4: 11:03
Total: 45:00
Average: 11:15 per mile (whoo hoo!), 172 beats per minute

My goal for Saturday is to run consistently (for once). I plan to really try to watch the Garmin and keep on pace (while not obsessing about it). I have asked Chasen to create a playlist for me filled with upbeat songs to keep me going. Wish me luck!

7 comments:

Petraruns said...

Hey susan - sorry to have dropped off the globe - life took over for a week or so there. Just wanted to wish you good luck there for your 10K - stay focused on your pace even if you're being overtaken at the beginning, you know what you're doing! can't wait to hear how you've done

CewTwo said...

Good Luck? Nah! I wish you great skill. That's what you have and what you will use!

I can't wait to hear how you have done either!

Charlie

Irish Blue said...

Good luck with the 10K. Sounds like you're ready to go!

Maddy said...

Yay! So exciting! Good Luck on Saturday!

It should be a piece of cake.

I will be looking forward to the race report.

Maddy said...

The skort ~ Get one! I love them - totally hides the "short creep". And they are so girly!

The only problem I have is the waist on every one I have found is way higher than I like. Target has one on the rack now that has a pocket in the back. The waist on it was past my belly button. What is this? 1987? Let me know if you run across on with a low waist...

MarathonChris said...

Hey there! Congrats on the great running! You are going to rock on that 10K! :-)

Looking forward to that race report!

ShirleyPerly said...

Run, Susan, run! I'm sure you'll do well. You sound ready as ever to me!!!