Tuesday, August 07, 2007

RFE TR #13

Total Miles Trained For Elijah: 83

*sigh*

So yesterday I missed my early morning 6-miler due to being too tired from staying up too late the night before (a mistake on my part). I was crabby (from missing the run) and tired all day! I opted to NOT make it up in the sweltering heat of last evening. Plus, by the time I do a post-work run, my night is gone. I get nothing accomplished at home other than a quick 9 PM dinner and then it's off to bed. Considering the busy week I have ahead of me (hence the need to get stuff done at night!), I thought it would be best to do the run this morning. So I went promptly to bed at promptly popped out of bed at 5 AM. I even woke up before the alarm -- roaring to go!

I got out there and it was as if there was a big stop sign ahead of me every few feet. I just didn't have it in me. I felt as if my tank was on empty. But... I stuck with it, plodded along, and accomplished the 6 miles. SLOWLY. 13:24 average pace. Yikes!

For the remainder of the week, I am to do a "Susan's Choice" workout tomorrow, 6 easy miles on Thursday, and finally 13 miles on Saturday. Well... I have to leave to go out of town mid-morning on Friday, so trying to run on Friday is pretty much out of the question as I have to get to work early - so the original schedule must be maintained. And I need to be really well rested for my Friday afternoon and Saturday morning seminar. And there goes Saturday morning.... ick. So it looks like this week I'll be doing my longrun on Sunday. No big deal. That's life - shift and shuffle! So this week looks like Tuesday (done), Wednesday (5), Thursday (6) , Sunday (13, back at home).

In better news, my pal Elijah has returned from camp. Have you checked out his website lately? And my St. Jude Heroes fund is growing rapidly thanks to the generosity of everyone!

3 comments:

MarathonChris said...

Way to hang in there and get the run done. You are doing such a great job sticking to your schedule!

Hang in there and continue to get that good sleep (I need to learn now to do that!).

Petraruns said...

Yeah I'm with Chris - sleep is key (says she, permanently sleep-deprived). Some days it is such a hard thing to do but you're doing great sticking with it nonetheless. Just remember - it's not meant to be easy all the time.. And well done on your work for Elijah you're doing great there!

Unknown said...

Hang in there... sounds like it's just an adjustment that your body needs to make (which takes time) to get used to running efficiently after a long run. plus the heat doesn't help :p