Friday, November 16, 2007

RFE TR #49

Total Miles Trained For Elijah: 403.6

Well I have broken the 400 mile marker. Whoo hoo! I got the ball rolling today at 5 AM. I needed to do 6 miles. So all of them were for Ryan Shay. My ankle did not hurt as I walked down the hill to my starting point. Yay!

I was to do the miles at a 12:00 - 12:20 pace. I headed west and soon crossed over the interstate. It was freezing out there, literally. My toasty tights did a pretty good job, though. And I love my head lamp. Even when street lights do a good job, it is useful in reading my Garmin. Even the fuel belt isn't such a bother anymore. Things are looking up!

As I was running through downtown I was feeling very, very strong. Some days are great, aren't they? :)

Mile 1: 11:52
Mile 2: 12:08
Mile 3: 11:41
Mile 4: 11:26
Mile 5: 12:10
Mile 6: 11:18
Total: 1:10:36
Average: 11:46 per mile

Cool! I even did a negative split. What a morning! I am all stoked for Tulsa. Coach Terry and I agreed that I'd line up with the slowest pace group - the 2:30 group. That would be both a half-marathon PR for me AND good practice for the 5:00 St. Jude pace group. We'll see what happens! The weather is supposed to be gorgeous. The course is all flat until the very end.

Chasen returns home from a business trip in just a few hours and I am very excited!

7 comments:

Marathon Maritza said...

Good luck on your half!!! Great idea to sign up to get motivated for your 12-miler, can't wait to hear how it goes!

Maddy said...

Good luck in Tulsa!

It sounds like you have a good plan!

And despite the cold your 6 miler was awesome!

Petraruns said...

Good luck in Tulsa sweetheart! You'll do great I'm sure - you're totally primed. Just don't go out too fast - you've got some speed in those legs at the moment..

Irish Blue said...

Susan, good luck with the half. Knock 'em dead girl!

ShirleyPerly said...

Best of luck, Susan! Check ya, later.

peter said...

Good luck in Tulsa, Susan!

MarathonChris said...

Susan - tagged you with a "meme" - see my blog for details.