Saturday, May 10, 2008

Sans Chasen

Revision: I originally titled this post "Chasen Left Me," but I decided to change it. Too much shock value! Read on.

Made ya look! This is true, but not in the way you'd think. Chasen left today for the "executive apartment" in Memphis and I am still here at home. After a potential meeting on Monday and a consultation with a mover on Tuesday, I'll join him.

Today was the big garage sale. We did well! My goal was to net enough cash to pay for the home inspection for the new house. Mission accomplished! The first patrons showed up at 6:15 AM. We were up at 5 AM to post signs. What didn't sell with be picked up on Monday by the Civitans.

Tomorrow, weather permitting, I am going to take either a long walk or go on a long bike ride around here. I won't be walking as far as Charlie ran today, that's for sure!

5 comments:

Jade Lady said...

Boy, the title of this post scared me, when I saw it in my reader! You got me.

Glad to hear your g.sale went well!

peter said...

Good luck in your new place! Garage sals are fun, aren't they? Ebay has "ruined" the market though.

Maddy said...

I am excited for your new adventure!

I'm really impressed with your garage sale attitude (and your profits)! I swore I'd never have another one. EVER.

Bev said...

I love garage sales. Hope you had fun with it. Don't get too lonely with out your hubby. I read the previous post and think you are smart to consider a run/walk schedule for a while. You don't want to have another time out from an injury. Follow that 10% buildup rule as well.

CewTwo said...

Me? I haste garage sales. I won't do them.

I usually get together when I know a friend is having one and offer to give them a sizeable cut (everything can be negotiated) then just give them what I hve to sell!

Is that lazy? I think it is efficint!

I hope you had fun, though!