Friday, May 16, 2008

Welcome Back!

This is the gang from the hit TV show "Welcome Back Cotter."

Welcome back, running! That's right, boys and girls. I popped out of bed this morning and said to Chasen "Today is the day." I headed out and started with a brisk walk. Then, after being pain free, I decided to JUST DO IT. After 123 days, the spell has been broken. I RAN! I RAN! I RAN! I did three different increments of about a quarter mile each (sans Garmin). Boy did it feel good. Nay, it felt AWESOME! I couldn't be happier. And so far the foot is good. We do have frozen stuff in the apartment freezer, though (for just in case).

Whoo hoo!

13 comments:

Kim said...

Yippee!!!! And welcome back, hope you stay well and healed for a long time to come!!!

ShirleyPerly said...

Awesome news!!! I'm so happy for you, Susan!

MarathonChris said...

Yeah, baby!!! Welcome back to the road. We knew you would be back.

Run strong!

Petraruns said...

Fantastics news! WOW GIRL! I Am so excited for you! IT's wonderful to have you back!

Arland said...

Yeah Susan!! Welcome back to running!!

lizzie lee said...

Congratulations Susan. Welcome back!!!!!

Bev said...

Yeah! Hope you were able to get a few more nice runs in since this post. Glad you are back to something you love.

Road Warrior said...

Congratulations. Your patience has paid off--very impressive. Before long you'll be switching the walk for the run and you'll be full speed ahead!

Unknown said...

Go Susan, Go Susan! Go Go GO SUSAN!

peter said...

Back to running! Hooray. Now you can sell that bike.

Marathon Maritza said...

Whoo-hooo!!! Glad you are back to hitting the pavement!

Jenn said...

all I want to say is yay...yahooo...yippee for you! It's great to see you back out and running!

Jade Lady said...

It's so exciting to know you're back into running!