Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Holy Intervals!

Even though I woke up and walked Maggie in a very groggy state, I kicked some butt today on the roads! 98% humidity didn't phase me.

I am a fan of intervals... and today it showed. I made every mark! I was to do 3 miles worth. Here are my 200m splits: (aiming for an 11:15 pace)
11:08
9:58
10:23
10:03
10:09
9:54
10:27
9:50
10:15
10:26
10:11
9:18

Wow wow! My recovery pace generally consisted of a bit of walking and then a slow jog until the next interval began. It was just GREAT! Perhaps I should interval my way through the Elvis 5K.

10 comments:

Arland said...

I love intervals and they will make you faster.

Irish Blue said...

Sweet!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm going to run my first intervals tomorrow. Let you know how it goes.

ShirleyPerly said...

Great to hear the humidity did not phase you!!

Marathon Maritza said...

Great job on intervals in the humidity!!!!! WOW!

MarathonChris said...

Great job running through that humidity!! You go girl!

Tammy said...

I need to try some intervals, I don't do enough of them :(. Sounds like a great workout!! I need to do more...

Maddy said...

Awesome job!

I guess humidty can be your friend after all.

Sunshine said...

I so envy you, running well in high humidity. That slows me down to a crawl.
Congratulations.

Unknown said...

Awesome intervals!!

I'm still stuck on your previous post though, you have a Target in your neighborhood! Sigh, I want a Target that's closer than 45 miles. Is it wrong for me to be jealous 'cause you have one within walking distance? LOL!

Jade Lady said...

I got to start doing these - great job!