Friday, June 19, 2009

Hot Hot Hot

What am I going to do? We're already to the point where the heat index is 105 degrees! I am trying to stick to an every-other-day running schedule, but it's just hard. Basically, if it's not indoors, I don't want to do it! It's close to 80 degrees even at 6 AM (which, granted, is better than 105). Ugh!

I know that my training schedule for my next marathon will be arriving soon, at which point I am going to have to snap to action very quickly. This, for me, will be the beauty of Team Point Two: accountability! I just hope that I can live up to this honor! Right now it feels like I'll never gain any endurance, to tell the truth, as two miles wear me out. And I worry that my 'war wound tendon' will not hold up. Hey - I'm just putting it out there!

25 weeks 'til race day...

3 comments:

Maddy said...

We can do this toghether. Run in the opressive heat!

You can do it and you will be sucessful!

Much Love to you!

Unknown said...

You're doing great! Just like your last blog title don't forget that it's only been 4 months since Isaac entered the world. This heat just sucks the energy right out of you so it's going to take a while to adjust.

You WILL succeed.....Look how far you've come already.

Sending positive vibes your way!

jeanne said...

those are some tough training conditions! I don't know how you're managing to work, raise a child AND train! What is your secret?!?!