Friday, December 28, 2012

Christmas 2012

Seasons Greetings, everyone! We have had a busy, yet glorious, holiday season. To my surprise, Chasen has been able to spend nearly this entire week home with us.

At his urging a few weeks ago, I did what I said I wouldn't and sent out a few Christmas cards. I do enjoy receiving them, but they are costly and lots of work for me. Alas, the tradition continues.

                                                                               
Isaac and Bo - the dynamic duo.

This year I decided that Santa would do all of his hard work on December 23rd. So Chasen and I went to bed at a decent hour on Christmas Eve. We sprang out of bed on Christmas morning when we heard Isaac awake. 

 If the look on his face doesn't make it all worth it, I don't know what will. Priceless!

On Christmas morning Isaac was so engrossed with his new toys that we didn't even eat breakfast until 9 AM. That is unheard of around here! We had a lazy day at home enjoying each other and being grateful. Isaac kept saying that he wanted some snow, which we did not receive. Well...

The next day we woke up to snow! Snowballs galore were thrown.

My friend Rachael recently moved to Iowa. Imagine my surprise when she sent some Christmas videos featuring each of us! We laughed our heads off. Then Chasen figured out how to make them, so we made one with Bo. Little did we know that we could record our own sounds. Have a listen.

If you can listen to this without smiling, you are made of stone.

I am looking forward to getting to the end of this year. Just three more days to go! 2012 has been a big one for us, and I can't wait to summarize it for everyone soon. Merry Christmas!

No comments: