Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Holiday 2006 Challenge - Week 2 Report

The results are in! Katie and I have now been involved in this endeavor for two weeks. Here's how the past week went:

Katie earned 42 points and gained 2.5 pounds (which I think is a fluke).
I earned 48 points and lost 3 pounds (which was shocking - I expect a gain next week).

In the overall picture we're still so very close (just the way we hoped). Katie has 89.5 points and I have 95 points. The amazing thing to me is that I earn the same amount of points, sometimes, on days that I do not run as those when I do run. Hmm! Those must be the days that I am faced with temptation most often and am most good-deed-doing. Yesterday, I was determined to make up my run for the sake of this challenge! I never dreamed that it would be such a speedy one.

As for me, I attended two holiday parties this past week and had zero sweets or drinks. I filled up on the scrumptious food (cooked by others) that I would not normally have in front of me. As for Katie, she worked out all three days of the weekend (which is when I usually just rest, with the exception of my longrun).

We would both like to keep up with last week's commitments. No snacking at work for either of us; Katie will journal and I'll chug the water.

My push-ups are getting easier. If I take away nothing else from this challenge, it'll be the ease with which I incorporated 2 minutes of calisthenics per night. That is something I hope to keep up in the new year.

Stay tuned!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You forgot to claim your victory! You are far too modest!

MarathonChris said...

You go girl!