Monday, December 11, 2006

LRM TR #24, Outrunning Dusk

LRM Miles Trained To Date: 135

I returned home from my exam and the sun was still up - but not for long. In the spirit of Holiday 2006 Challenge, I decided to make up the run I missed this morning. I had the time, energy and desire. Plus, I have a party tonight and I want to be able to live it up a bit without feeling guilty! So off I went. It was very humid out there, and I was overdressed. I had to take off my hat, gloves and jacket. I did an out-and-back loop. I added the "loop" component so I'd always be a little bit closer to home (since I was trying to get home before dark, which I pretty much did).

I was supposed to do a 4 mile easy run. Well, I had energy like never before, so I decided to just kick it in and make this a tempo run. I was feeling fine post-20 miler. I did the first two miles so quickly! (for me) Then I let myself take a short break before coming home a bit slower. Overall, I am very proud. One, because I did such a good job. Two, because I did it when I could have just came home and started my evening.

Mile 1: 10:18
Mile 2: 9:52
Mile 3: 11:27
Mile 4: 11:11
Total: 42:49
Average: 10:43

Yay me!

3 comments:

MarathonChris said...

Great run! Glad you got that one in today! It is nice to feel good for a run. Also, great recovery from the 20 miler as well.

Hope you had fun at the party!

Anonymous said...

You continue to amaze me!

Unknown said...

Word of caution. I know... I know... rain on your parade.

You need to be careful, or rather cautious, after these long runs. You'll probably have your appetite kick up a notch either Tues or Wednes as your body says "Hey, she's running 20 miles, Let's fuel up!"

The euphoric feeling you have can backfire. Your easy day is so that you can flush out the rest of the lactic acid in your legs, not make more. Everybody is different, but if you start to feel stiff or achy in your legs, either do some light stretching, or have your husband do one of those uh-em "massages" to help with your legs.

Also, you can downgrade one of your days, if you want. Crosstrain or Easy to Rest OR Tempo/Speed to Easy.