Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Holiday 2006 Challenge - Week 3 Report

We're 60% complete, folks! Three weeks down, two more to go. 2006 is winding up. This past week posed many challenges for Katie, and not many for me. The results beg to differ!

This week Katie earned 41 points and lost 2 pounds! Wow!
This week I earned 49 points and gained 1.8 pounds. Now here's what I think:

Katie worked her tail off this week, despite a major office party/hooplah that she said "set her back." At the gym she varied her routines. Go girl!

My week contained three successful runs (22 miles total). I also used the elliptical machine two days. I had no holiday hooplah to deal with this week, thankfully. What I have realized, though, is that I worked out, in some capacity, five days in a row. I would have never done that if it wasn't for this challenge. It has had a negative effect, I think. Normally after a long run on Saturday, I try to do nothing on Sunday. This week I rode the elliptical (instead of letting my muscles recover, which at the time I thought was no big deal). So yesterday I was sore. I am still sore today, but not nearly as bad. If I'm not feeling better tomorrow, I will postpone tomorrow's speedwork. I want to do whatever it takes to be in top form for Saturday's longrun! I will forego points! And as for my gain, I foresaw that due to last week's shocking loss. It all comes out in the wash.

Since we are 60% complete with this challenge, I thought I'd post our overall stats:

Katie has earned 130.5 points and lost 1.5 pounds. Way to go!!!
I have earned 144 points and lost 2.2 pounds. Yay!

As I have said before, we're both thankful for this challenge. We have been very accountable to one another. I have found myself getting out of bed at night after remembering that I need to do my calisthenics - must earn that easy point! I am becoming very good at doing push-ups. I can do 30 without stopping; maybe after another two weeks I'll be able to do all 50 in one shot!

Stay tuned!

No comments: