Wednesday, December 20, 2006

LRM TR #28, Not So Speedy

LRM Miles Trained To Date: 160

First things first: I did NOT want to get up today. But I did...

I was all set to do my speedwork in a nearby neighborhood, but then my husband surprised me by asking if I'd like him to drop me off somewhere so I could run home. I was surprised that he was awake! That was an offer I could not resist. So he drove me 4 miles away so I could do a mile of easy running before I kicked into high gear and did 3 miles of speedwork and ended with less than a mile of cooldown.

I didn't want to do it. I'm not Speedy Susan, so speedwork is intimidating. But I did it; I did my best. I thought I was doing well, but my times are fairly slow. Oh well - it is done. :)

Mile 1: 11:57 (warmup)
Mile 2: 10:50
Mile 3: 11:07
Mile 4: 11:48

I am certain that tomorrow's easy run will produce a more upbeat post!

2 comments:

MarathonChris said...

Any day you get out there and run is a victory, particularly when you don't feel like it. And it always happens that once you are our there, you are glad you ran! Way to go!

Unknown said...

You don't need to get particular over the actual pace numbers, like Chris said it was a good run.

Running comes with a great deal of unpredictability, somedays you swear that you are flying and your times are so-so... some times you sluggish, but your times are not all that bad.

The day-in-day-out training helps with us runners get a grip on what we can do and how to listen to our bodies.