Tuesday, January 09, 2007

2007 Blastoff - Week 1 Report

And here we are in 2007 already! Since most everyone knows the low-down on this challenge (and if not, please see last week's post), I'll get right to the results.

Katie earned 45 points and lost 2 pounds.
Susan S. (that would be me!) also earned 45 points and gained 1.6 pounds.
Susan K. earned 41 points and gained 3 pounds.
Martina earned 40 points and lost 1.5 pounds.
(Please e-mail me immediately if any of this is incorrect.)

Katie was the champion of the week! She worked out hard at her gym and is trying to be the best Katie she can be in this new year. She is quite admirable.

I, um, well... hope to do better next week. You wouldn't think someone who just ran 22 miles would have gained weight - but life throws curveballs. This week I will continue to do my best while "turning it up a notch" like Katie. I have switched to doing my calisthenics immediately when I get home from work to "energize" me for the evenings.

Susan K. has also committed to doing her dead-level best this next week. As a newcomer to this challenge, she did quite well! I am proud to know her and proud to be her "competition."

Martina, also new to this competition, faces challenges unlike the rest of us. She is a New York gal who travels constantly for work, which can be devastating for the whole health and fitness routine without extreme dedication. This week she managed to ease right into the mix while working in Austin, Texas. You go girl! She may literally be reporting in from around the globe pretty soon.

I'd love it if others would join us! We have been having a good time of it exchanging tips, advice, stories, recipes, etc. We're even thinking of names for next month's challenge already. Stay tuned!

1 comment:

Susan said...

I didn't know we were thinking of names for next month's challenge! Sweetheart challenge?