Thursday, January 11, 2007

LRM TR #40, Tempo Surprise


LRM Miles Trained To Date: 255

39 degrees is much warmer than 32 degrees, just for reference. I left home with double layers and was just fine. I was to do a 5 mile tempo run, and I was dreading having to be "speedy." Well you know what? I was speedy! I thought to myself "Just do it. You know you can do it." I am all about the positive attitude while running these days! My results should illustrate that:

Mile 1: 10:55
Mile 2: 11:43 (the only one done in the prescribed tempo pace range)
Mile 3: 10:41
Mile 4: 10:22
Mile 5: 10:45
Total: 54:28
Average: 10:54 per mile

I was not trying to outdo myself... I was just out there enjoying myself. What a great way to start the day!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Your last 3 miles were consistent and that is awesome. we'll see if the fast pace took a toll on you in the next couple of days, but since you have been so diligent in your running, I would imagine that it won't affect you at all. Great job.

positive attitudes make all the difference in life AND they are contagious!

MarathonChris said...

Nice run! Way to use your positive attitude to carry you through your run. That will come in handy for your marathon!

mrjwhit~ said...

Great run. I love reading your progress. It's quite inspiring