Saturday, January 13, 2007

Rain, Rain, Go Away!



It has POURED rain here all day. ALL DAY. From the minute I woke up the rain has varied from a heavy sprinkle (a rarity today) to such a forceful downpour that driving is difficult. It has been a real gully washer! There are flash flood warnings in my surrounding counties. It is supposed to rain all the way until Tuesday. Yuck! I feel fortunate to live, somewhat, on a hill. (I know I do because I easily walk down it as a warm up each morning I run; the walk home is labored.)

So no longrun today. BUT - all is not lost. I rode the elliptical machine for thirty whole minutes. Ha! I have decided that tomorrow I will force myself to the gym. I will mentally challenge myself to burn some miles on the dreadmill. I think I just might be able to do it! I have lots of podcasts downloaded to my iPod, so with the right attitude, this just might work. I will not commit to running the full eighteen miles - but we shall see. It is the dreadmill after all. But I've never approached it with podcasts before. Nor have I approached it with such a diligent training mindset. Tomorrow I just might get the better of that beast!

2 comments:

MarathonChris said...

I saw the weather report and they showed flooding in Arkansas - thought about you and not being able to run! You will do find on the dreadmill - although folks will probably wonder why you are running for over 3 hours!!! Best of luck to you on that!

CewTwo said...

Did the podcasts help on the Dreadmill ordeal?
As I do most of my running on a treadmill, I know that it can leave your mind with nothing to do while your body is very busy.
I set mine for a 2.5 slope and run for my session. Necessary, but not always fun...