Wednesday, January 31, 2007

LRM TR #49, Velocity Run Indoors

LRM Miles Trained To Date: 334

Since it was 22-26 degrees outside (depending on different sources) I opted to go do my 4-mile velocity run on the treadmill at the gym. I must admit, again, that it was pretty easy and convenient to do so. I got to throw on one layer (and short sleeves, at that!), lace up my shoes, grab my purse and headset and go. I sprinted into the gym (wearing a tee, as I said) and got right to it. I did all four miles at an 11:00 pace or faster (per the training schedule). Today I was wise enough to take my own sweat towel vs. depending on the gym's supply of paper towels. Good thing I did - they were out today. No wonder no one was spraying down their machines as they left. Ick! I sprayed mine down and wiped it with my sweat towel (ick, I know, but better than nothing). To conclude it all, I did my Sweetheart Slimdown Challenge calisthenics while I was there.

Tomorrow we're supposed to possibly have a "wintry mix" in the morning. So, if it's drivable, I'll probably be at the gym again!

2 comments:

MarathonChris said...

Looks like the treadmill is no longer the dreadmill! Motor on!

Maddy said...

The treadmill is your friend!