Thursday, February 01, 2007

LRM TR #50, Like the Mailman

LRM Miles Trained To Date: 339

The bad weather (for Arkansas standards) began last night as I was about 10 miles from home. SNOW! It was beautiful. Enough had fallen by bedtime to make the yards beautiful. It was supposed to do more throughout the night. Well, this morning I woke up before my alarm and there was NO NEW SNOW. Darn it! Now I have to go to work. I was determined to get my run in, so I braved the unknown (ice) elements and drove to the gym, which is about 2 miles away. I'm happy to report that the roads were pretty much bone dry.

Now here's the funny thing. After getting home from the gym yesterday, I realized that I ran an extra mile! So today I reduced by one mile. I ran 5 miles on the treadmill this morning at a 12:00 pace or faster. Even with this weather (schools are out throughout the state) there were plenty of cars at the gym. I was glad to see it.

It's supposed to be bad today, so maybe I'll get to leave work early. :)

3 comments:

MarathonChris said...

I'm with you, I love the sight of freshly fallen snow (not enough to move out of Florida, mind you). What I do miss is the silence of an evening right after a fluffy snow fall....it is sooo quiet.

Happy treadmilling to you!

Unknown said...

Lucky dog... you guys got snow, we got nuttin'

CewTwo said...

Snow? I am in Denver. I am so tired of snow this year. It has snowed every weekend for 6 - 7 weeks. Last night it got to a negative 10 degrees. The snow outside my door is 24 inches deep.

While it is a beautiful thing to observe from a distance, it is not so sweet this year.

I'll stick to my treadmill for a bit longer yet...