Wednesday, February 14, 2007

LRM TR #56, Valentine's Tempo

LRM Miles Trained To Date: 382

Days Until First Marathon: 18

Happy Valentine's Day to everyone out there! It was less than 30 degrees when I woke at 5:35 AM, so I opted to go to the gym for my 4 miles of tempo running. I did all of the miles at 11:00 or 11:30, and I finished in the 10:00 range. It was nice to just "get it done," as scheduled, regardless of the weather, the holiday, etc. That's the thing with running... it can always be done!

I'm not wearing red today... but I am wearing pink. Not toooooo Valetiney!

Speaking of pink, tomorrow is when my training schedule turns pink. Yes, every day from 2/15 to 3/4 (marathon day) is colored pink on my schedule by Coach Terry (www.planet3rry.com). I suppose that's the "official" taper designation. None of my weekday runs are over 4 miles. They even turn into 3 mile runs closer to "the end." What on earth will I do with all of that free time? :)

3 comments:

Maddy said...

See, The treadmill is your friend. If nothing else, it's predictable and climate controlled.

Yay! you're in the Pink for training! So close!

What an awesome journey!

Unknown said...

Some how you need to keep from going Mad, these next few days... ;)

MarathonChris said...

I'm with Terry. Hang in there and try not to go too crazy. :-)

It will be here before you know it!