Saturday, March 03, 2007

The Day Before



Days Until First Marathon: 0

(The photo was taken in my backyard - spring has sprung!)

Oh my goodness! I have so much nervous energy! My first marathon is tomorrow. All systems are go. My food/snacks are ready, my post-race bag is packed (minus the post-marathon shoes... those are always on my feet at home - comfy comfy), all of my electronic gadgets are charged (iPod, MP3, Garmin, camera, cel phone), my marathon wardrobe is all laid out (race number pinned on, timing chip affixed to my left shoe), and I continue to drink water. Whoo hoo! I am excited. I am still practicing the visualization of seeing myself run the whole race tomorrow smiling and effortless. I know my body is ready for this; I completed every single long run and about 84% of the short runs (hey, a girl gets sick and/or tired sometimes).

So, I am feeling good! I could hardly sleep last night, so tonight I am going to do a better job of it. I know that for 100% certainty. I will sleep well. (being positive soooooo helps)

Last night I had a nice Italian meal with my husband (per Coach's orders!) to thank him for being wonderful throughout all of this. Today I told my friend whose packet I picked up that I think he's more excited than I am!

I can't believe that at this time tomorrow I will be all done with the marathon. I will have been resting for over two hours in the haze of "I AM A MARATHONER." Pretty cool stuff!

3 comments:

Susan said...

I can feel your excitement!!! I hope the marathon goes well for you, I know you have many people out here in your online community of friends cheering you on!!!

You inspired me too...I ran 5 minutes of my 20 on the treadmill today! ;)

Run, Susan, run!!!!

~Susan K.

Anonymous said...

You can do it!!! I'm rooting for you here is CHicago, where spring has npt yet sprung!

MarathonChris said...

You are ready!!!! I feel excited for you.

Check out my audio feed - I left you a message. No fancy background (can't do that yet) but wanted to wish you the best of luck! You are already a marathoner. Tomorrow the rest of the world will know :-)

Run strong!