Thursday, March 29, 2007

SF10 TR #6, Back On Top?

SF10 Miles Trained To Date: 27.75

Yesterday I took the coach's advice. I went out without a Garmin and without a plan. What I added was a friend, Kim. We were going to do a run in her neighborhood. As it turned out we ended up walking the whole 3+ miles and getting caught up with what has been going on in each other's lives. It was great!

Today after work I headed out to do an easy 4-mile run not far from my office. In fact, the path was along the flattest part of the marathon course. It was about 80 degrees, yet it felt very pleasant. I saw many, many runners and cyclists. I didn't take my iPod, but I did use my Garmin.

Mile 1: 11:38
Mile 2: 11:31
Mile 3: 11:13
Mile 4: 11:49
Total: 46:13
Average: 11:33 per mile, 163 beats per minute

In bigger news, I fear that I have a kidney stone or kidney infection - or something like that. Sorry if TMI! I have consulted my medical team, which consists of 2 very medically-experienced friends plus Kim's mom, Jane (who is a fabulous nurse) and they all agree that I should drink more water than ever before, drink cranberry juice, and take 800 mg of Ibuprofin. If my symptoms do not go away pretty quickly, I will go see my doctor. I promise!

2 comments:

Dawn said...

drink, drink, and then drink some more!!! I hope you start to feeling better!

ShirleyPerly said...

No such thing as TMI amongst friends, IMO. Hope you get well soon!