Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Help My Blog!

Grr! My blog is messed up. If you'll take a look... all of the "Page Elements" that used to be on the (left-hand) sidebar have plummeted to below the oldest post on the page. This happened right after I posted my Soldier Field 10 race report. I did nothing new, to my knowledge. Additionally, the text of all previous posts is now center-justified. Huh? I have posted my quandary on Blogger Help, but it has not yet been solved. Apparently, I might not be the only one with this problem. And switching to a new template does not help. Grr! Can anyone help?

6 comments:

Maddy said...

Something might be too wide, although just by looking, I can't see what it is...

Did you make any changes to your sidebar code?

It could be the pitures.

I'm not sure how to remedy it though...

MarathonChris said...

Clueless here...sorry :-(

ShirleyPerly said...

Weird! Here's what I'd do:

I'd retract the latest race report (go back into edit mode and save as draft instead of publish) so it doesn't appear and verify that entry is the cause of the problem.

If it is, then try posting the race report without pictures to see if they are the problem. As Maddy said, sometimes too wide photos cause problems or perhaps some of the HTML code that was inserted into your report after you uploaded the photos got inadvertently deleted.

ShirleyPerly said...

PS - If the problem is still there even after retracting your race report then it is probably something to do with the blogger itself, I'm guessing ...

Unknown said...

looks okay on Wednesday Morning...

ShirleyPerly said...

OK, I see that things are OK now with no photos in your race report. If you want to try to get the photos back in your report, I'd suggest doing so one at a time, initially with no captions then add later if things are still OK. If just adding one image causes the same problem, then it's most likely due the image size (try selecting a smaller size option when inserting into your blog or resizing the image manually using some image manip tool).

Worst case, you can just provide a link to an online album, if you have one, and we can go look at the photos there. It's not as nice as embedded photos in the blog but better than no photos at all, I think.

Good luck!