Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Ready To Finish On The 50? Y-E-S!!!


Well, it's almost time! On Friday after work I fly to Chi-town! I'm excited to see friends AND run the race.
I am unsure as to whether or not I'll be able to run once more before I go. It looks like I'll be out of town for work Wednesday and Thursday. So if I don't squeeze in a run tonight, I'll just have to "show up" to Soldier Field with extremely fresh legs! Maybe that's not such a bad thing. I have trained a mere 125.5 miles for the race - but hey - maybe that is enough! It's surely enough to enjoy myself, the race and friends!

8 comments:

Maddy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Maddy said...

You are more than ready with 125 miles.

You'll do great!


Good Luck sister!

Irish Blue said...

Hey Susan,
Good luck with the race and have fun in Chicago. It's one of my favorite cities to visit.

MarathonChris said...

You are going to have a great time at the race. Just relax and enjoy yourself!

ShirleyPerly said...

I'm sorry I got mixed up and thought that your 10-miler was in S.F. for some reason. Probably cause Maddy's race is in S.F. and I'd just visited her blog.

Anyway, you're going to rock that course being nice and well-rested. Have a super time and look forward to hearing all about it!

CewTwo said...

Sometimes it is more than training for a run. As others have told me, it is a competition but it is so much else. It is people of similar likes getting together, meeting friends, experiencing the run.
I know that you are prepared for that.
Now that I have a training schedule and have experienced one race, I know that we have abilities that lie hidden until we find it in ourselves to use those abilities. You'll do that AND you'll have a blast!

Leave us a report!

Unknown said...

I know I am late to leave a comment before you are on your way! You are going to do great. I wish I could tell you to really watch your pace the first mile or two and then GO FOR IT! Can't wait for the race report!!!!

Terry

Anonymous said...

Susan - I had the best TIME with you today at the SF10 and Iberico -- what a great way to enjoy a holiday weekend.

I am anxious to see how our finish line photos will turn out!