Sunday, May 20, 2007

SF10 TR #21, At Last!

SF10 Miles Trained To Date: 125.50

Someone cue Etta James: At last... My run has come along!!! My puny days are over... My life is like a song!

Yes, I did a little running this morning. Emphasis on the "little." I ran three miles. It felt great. The minute I walked out the door I noticed the strange sensation of fresh air. One forgets about that when not running for TWELVE STRAIGHT DAYS. It felt like it was meant to be!

I must give props to Marathon Chris. Her great podcast got me going in great fashion. I even considered not running today... but I simply HAD to listen to her show, and it can be best enjoyed, in my opinion, while running. She and her daughter ran a 5K together. It was fantastic!

So, my goal today was to just get out there. That I did! I didn't run as far as I thought I might, or as fast as I thought I might, but it was good nonetheless, and wonderful for my psyche. The SF10 is a mere 6 days away, and I am really looking forward to it. I aim to run one or two more times before then.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good for you for getting out there!

MarathonChris said...

Welcome back to the road!!! :-) I bet it feels really good!!!

Petraruns said...

You must be so happy to be back on the road! Well done for taking it easy and just enjoying it, sometimes time away from running helps us appreciate why we do it in the first place..

Unknown said...

Okay, just because you are feeling better DO NOT, repeat DO NOT think you can add a lot more mileage! Think of it as you took your taper a little early.

If you think you need the extra miles to avoid going into some sort of psychosis, you can run 4 easy miles on Tuesday (previously a rest day) and keep Wednesday at 3 miles (easy).

Kevin said...

Susan,
I've run along the lake front a few times and it's SO cool! You will have a blast! I checked out this course and it looks great!
Glad you are feeling better.

CewTwo said...

I am so glad that you got out! I am even more happy that you are feeling better!

Maddy said...

You're feeling better. Yay!

You got out and ran Today. Yay!

You're running a ten miler in 6 days. Yay!

Six Days! I'm so excited (and a little jealous) for you!

YAY!

ShirleyPerly said...

Great to hear you're back out there running and thanks for the mention in your previous post. I think you'll do fine in S.F. with the cool weather, extra rest and all.

GOOD LUCK!!!