Friday, June 15, 2007

Day Four: Hooray!

Well, I did it! Today was the best training run yet. I got to bed on time and sprang out of bed this morning -- 5 AM. I was at the track in no time. The sun was coming up, and that was a good omen. It was almost cool out there... yet still humid. I did a 1-mile warmup before beginning my (4) 800's. I decided to get pumped up by listening to a mix by DJ Steveboy. That did the trick! I was reminded of how pumped up I was at my recent 10K race.

The first 800 came at a speedy 4:31. Wow! Fast! I did not walk during recovery - I promise. The second 800 came at 4:44 - right in there! Again, I did not walk (well, OK, just for a second to get a drink of water). The third 800 came at 4:48 - minimally slower. The final 800 came at 4:57 - too slow, but hey - I was done.

Overall, I am very, very happy with today's run. My average heart rate was 185 beats per minute. My average 800 split was 4:45 (9:31 per mile). Tomorrow I get to do 3 easy miles. Piece of cake!

5 comments:

Maddy said...

w00t!

Awesome!

MarathonChris said...

Great job!! You are so going to bust 30 min in your 5K :-)

Anonymous said...

You are Queen of the Asphalt today, I was not so dedicated...Help!

mrjwhit~ said...

Wow. Way to go. You're going to rock.

CewTwo said...

8 days! You are ready!

I am going to be monitoring your blog that day!

Great job. It really looks like you are going to set a PR!!!