Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Day Three: Bleh



*sigh*

Another early morning for me. Could someone please tell me why 5:00 AM kills me when 5:30 AM seems so much more humane? :-)

I decided to do my tempo run on the treadmill at the gym today to ensure that I'd keep on pace. As I arrived I remembered why it has been such a long time since I have gone to the gym. I don't exactly adore the treadmill!

I was supposed to do 5 miles at a 10:15 pace. Similar to Friday, I just didn't feel that I had adequate time to do everything in my life! So... I hung in there for 3 miles and bailed. I had to get home and visit a materials supplier on the way to work.

Bleh - some running is better than no running, right? I am doing another training run on Friday. So help me -- I'm going to nail it!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've got a three miler tonight that I also plan to tackle on the dreadmill.

I agree, some running is better than none.

CewTwo said...

I did 5 1/2 on the treadmill today. It rained here overnight and it was wet everywhere.

I set the treadmill for a 9:41 pace and gritted it out for 5.50 miles!

It wasn't that bad, but it was nice to get off of the treadmill.

I love running! Yesterday was a rest day, so I tried not to look at the treadmill or go near a window! The temptation is just too strong!

Maddy said...

I ran 5 on the treadmill, but I love my treadmill. It's the difference of running or not when you live in the sticks.

And yes, some running is better than no running at all.

Good job!

MarathonChris said...

Some running is always better than no running :-)

Running outside in the mornings (before the afternoon storms) - and since I am in a busy neighborhood complete with sidewalks - I can do this. But for run #2 on Wed afternoons, will need the treadmill as a backup in case it is storming outside (which it has been lately) (sigh). Way to get there at 5 am....it kills me to get up at 5:45.

mrjwhit~ said...

I miss the t'mill. It seems easier to crank out some serious speed on the mill than on the streets.

But as you all know it's harder for a reason. I plan to maybe put in a few miles in the AM before going swimming.

nylisa said...

every bit counts!

Irish Blue said...

I've been getting up at 5:30 to run too. It does seem early, but I feel so much better after.

The treadmill...yuck! I wish I liked mine. I'd almost rather run on hot coals.