Friday, June 22, 2007

Tomorrow, Tomorrow!

It hit me at about 9 AM today -- tomorrow I am absolutely going to set a PR. All of a sudden similar imagery that "came to me" the week before the marathon came to me about the Brickfest 5K: I am seeing myself running it, smiling, happy and pushing myself! It matches very closely what Coach Terry has given me (a wonderfully written narrative about each step of the race, in which I majorly kick some rear!) It was quite amazing; instantly my attitude changed from "Oh gosh - this is going to be hard" to "I CAN DO IT! I WILL DO IT!"

I will caravan to the race with my friend Kim and her bunch. Fun! We'll meet at about 6:45 AM to get there in time to pick up our packets, get prepared, etc. The gun goes off at 7:30 AM!

My 5K PR is officially 31:08 from the 2003 Jingle Bell 5K. It was my very first 5K. It was all adrenaline! Last year I ran the Brickfest course (which is fairly flat) in 34:58. It was my venture back into running after an injury. Tomorrow will mark Kim's venture back into it after being sidelined for 6+ weeks after a surgery. Good 'ole Brickfest 5K! Last year there were 269 finishers.

I will not be the only person running a race tomorrow. Charlie will be running his first half-marathon in Colorado. Good luck Charlie!!!!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good luck tomorrow! I am so excited for you!

MarathonChris said...

Good luck on your 5K and your soon to be set PR!!!

Maddy said...

Good luck tomorrow! I will be wrapping up my run about the time you get started (time zone difference) but I will be sending fast thoughts your way!

I'll look for your race report!

Dawn said...

GO SUSAN!!!!! We will be rooting for you from home! I will be awaiting my text with your PR!!

CewTwo said...

Now it is TODAY! Go Susan go!!

And... Thanks!

nylisa said...

thanks...

Good luck! You'll kick ass!