Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Day Seven: Perfect

Since I ran last night, I wasn't about to get up and run early this morning. So, I ran this evening. I came home and did three easy, slow miles in my neighborhood. I was really trying to watch my pace. And listening to the latest Phedippidations kept me occupied! I was done before I knew it.

Mile 1: 12:18
Mile 2: 12:10
Mile 3: 11:44
Total: 36:15
Average: 12:04 per mile, 168 beats per minute

Before I ran, though, I slathered both of my feet in Vaseline. And I still got beginning blisters. Aargh! So frustrating!

After the run, a very, very funny thing happened. You see, my husband took my immaculately clean car to a baseball game. I volunteered to clean his filth-mobile. So off I went to the car wash in his truck. Picture this: runner girl in flip flops attempts to clean out disgusting truck bed with pressurized water sprayer! There was dirt, rocks, tiny pieces of tile, branches and you-name-it in there. Let me tell you - it ALL splattered on me. I was thankful that I had taken off my white running hat. I contemplated finding safety goggles! I was covered from head to toe! My face looked like I had brown/black freckles EVERYWHERE. Yuck. Afterwards I realized that I had better pick it all up off the ground and put it in the dumpster. Not fun. I came straight home and headed straight to the shower.

Tomorrow night -- the interior!

6 comments:

Dawn said...

I sooooo need to clean the inside and outside of my car! Enjoy your quiet time!

CewTwo said...

Wait. Clean a pickup?

I'll never understand women.... Just joking.

My pickup is showing its age. So, I may have to clean it. Help pass the time as I rest and hydrate...

Unknown said...

Do you need a pressure washer for the interior too?

MarathonChris said...

Wow, he owes you big time for cleaning up his vehicle!

Nice easy run there!

Anonymous said...

Almost 5K time! Try the body glide, it can't hurt at this point!

My car could use a wash too, but at this point I am just glad it's been starting...

Maddy said...

You are a good woman.

Running and then a deep clean on someone else's car.

Wow!

My car is in desperate need of a bath...