Thursday, August 02, 2007

RFE TR #11

Total Miles Trained For Elijah: 65

Since I planned to do my 6 easy miles starting from home, I did not see the need to get up at 4:30. I did, however, get up at 4:55. And the temperature was not as welcoming as yesterday. It was already 85 degrees! But running in the dark makes all the difference. The sun really wipes me out.

I did an out-and-back course up the service road. I haven't run out there in ages (not the whole run, anyway) so it was kind of nice. But the 10 degree temperature change could be felt immediately. I did struggle; I walked quite a bit. Alas, it is done. It was a labor of love!

Mile 1: 12:23
Mile 2: 12:30
Mile 3: 12:30
Mile 4: 12:36
Mile 5: 12:31
Mile 6: 12:06
Total: 1:14:39
Average: 12:27 per mile, 167 beats per minute

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am continually impressed with your ability to get up at the crack of dawn to get in your runs! Excellent work...

CewTwo said...

I have been looking for alternate runs in my area, as well.
Running never seems to get boring, but the course sure can.
As I get closer and closer to run day, I am outside more and more.
It sure is getting hot earlier in the day out here!

mrjwhit~ said...

I am so jealous for consistent early running. Spark isn't working with me at all. But I hope to return to a regular schedule soon.

Irish Blue said...

I love early morning runs. Really sets the tone for my day.

MarathonChris said...

Way to hang in there with the heat and to get up so early!!!