Thursday, August 23, 2007

RFE TR #20

Total Miles Trained For Elijah: 130

I did not get enough sleep last night. As such, I was weary to rise. But I did. I thought I heard thunder, and honestly I hoped to look outside and see rain so I could plop back into bed. No such luck! I had to run 5 miles today after all. :)

I am running like a turtle. Not like an esteemed penguin, I'd like to point out. 5 miles in my mostly shaded neighborhood with an average time of *gasp* 12:51 per mile. Yikes! And sweating profusely. Not that you wanted to know that.

But on to the good stuff! Ask and you shall receive, here in blogville. I got all the help a girl could ever ask for with regards to my ipod question. THANKS! Note to self: if you have a question/problem, mention it and help will come flying.

I'd like to make you all aware that my friend Elijah is mere weeks away from his stem cell transplant to rid his body of the awful Neuroblastoma. Yesterday his mom's post to his website told all about it. It was very, very informative. Well worth reading! My pal is doing great, enjoying first grade, and about to finish his last official round of chemo before his 6 (or so) week hospital stay for the transplant. Read on, my friends: www.prayforelijah.com

I'm glad tomorrow is a rest day. This 'ole body needs to conserve energy for this weekend's longrun!

3 comments:

jeanne said...

you know, i vaguely recall a story about the turtle and the hare! nothing wrong with your pace. Yesterday, my last mile came in at 15 minutes! I could have crawled faster.

you are such a good person to be doing this for elijah. hat's off to you!

CewTwo said...

It is muggy overcast and uncomfortable out here in Denver. I was not inspired today, either. I ran our "River Course" this morning and took some pictures to post on my blog.

I'll try to get them up soon!

You know, Susan? You are a good person!

BTW - I've found that your don't have to do the "hold" switch first. Just hold down the Menu and the Center button for 6-7 seconds and both the 1st and 2nd generation iPod Nanos will reboot!

Petraruns said...

Susan you are so impressive! You know - the turtle gets there in the end. OK girl - if you can find your mojo so can I. We're on. And Elijah is SO lucky to have you on his team - you are an inspiration to us all!