Wednesday, November 07, 2007

RFE TR #46

Total Miles Trained For Elijah: 379.1

I didn't do this run yesterday due to an early appointment with the Periodontist. So today I was up-and-at-em at 5 AM. I felt pretty decent. I went to bed dead-dog-tired, as I like to say, but I woke up feeling pretty good. Today was pretty much a dress rehearsal doe marathon day; I wore my new yellow shirt and my tights and fuel belt. Bring on Memphis!

I was supposed to do 7 miles at 12:00 - 12:15 per mile. I chose to run west because it is flatter. I am proud to say that I rocked the run! All miles were run faster that necessary, even though I was just giving a nice, relaxed effort (except mile #1 - it was too slow somehow). Here are my splits: 12:40, 11:15, 11:08, 11:46, 11:10, 11:24, 11:44. My average was 11:36 AND I had a negative split from my 3.5 mile turnaround point! Whoo hoo! My ankle was good. My left toe acted up again... and I don't know why... but I have a suspicion and I am going to investigate.

I wore not only my blinky light but also the new "head lamp" that Annette gave me. It worked GREAT! Not so much light as to blind a driver, yet the perfect amount to illuminate the stretch of road directly in front of me. While visiting recently, Chasen's mother gave me a similar device. I'll try that one next!

Now on to more important things: Elijah's stem cell transplant is today at 11:00 AM Central Standard Time. Everyone, please keep him and his family in your thoughts and prayers. Here's to quick engrafting! http://www.prayforelijah.com/

7 comments:

Petraruns said...

OH Elijah has not been out of my prayers. Let us know what's happening.

As for your runs - girlfriend you are on top form! What a pace! And we WILL run together I promise.. And you'll be wishing for your headphones..

nylisa said...

Kudos for rocking the run! Those are awesome splits!

I thought about Elijah when I was running in the marathon. Hope he is resting and feeling well today after the transplant!

lizzie lee said...

Susan, I don't get tired of telling you how wonderful what you're doing. Your attire will have the best of the meanings. I will be checking on Elijah's results, and again God Bless you.

Excellent miles you ran today, and thank you very much for your advice. It was really stimulating to read all my blogger-friends advices.

sincere-lee
lizzie lee

MarathonChris said...

Wow you rocked that run today!!! (I knew you would!). You are so ready to do that race!

I am wearing my Elijah band this week so I remember to pray for him often. He is such a trooper!!!

ShirleyPerly said...

Great run today, Susan! I'm not sure about that big toe issue but hopefully it's not sesamoiditis. You can google the term to see pictures and symptoms.

Hope things went well for Elijah!

jeanne said...

wow, you did rock that run! great job!

Cheryl said...

Great job Susan - Hope Elijah is doing okay after his treatment. I see you're doing the duck race, me too! If I don't sprain my ankle again. See you soon and keep up the good work!