Thursday, November 06, 2008

Thinking Ahead

So in a 'longing for the way things used to be' mood and voice I said to Chasen the other day "I wish I could train for a marathon. That makes me happy." He responded very matter-of-factly with "You ARE training for a marathon." I thought he meant the 'marathon' of birth. Nope! He said something like "All your walks now are gearing you up to get back into marathon training after the baby is born," meaning that at least I wouldn't have to start from ground zero. Good point! That made my day.

I walked 3.1 on Monday, 2 on Tuesday and 3.5 on Wednesday (1.5 of which were with Chasen). Today I will rest. But guess who is NOT resting: Isaac. That little 8.5" long boy (approximately) is moving up a storm! It is super cool and weird all at the same time.


Now I am off to listen to the latest episode of The Runners Roundtable. There's always room at the table!

6 comments:

Annette said...

Susan you are doing a great job of staying in shape. I have no doubt you will be ready to train for your next marathon... whenever that might be.

ShirleyPerly said...

He is right. By staying in shape through your pregnancy, you'll be able to get back to training sooner than many people who've never done a marathon can even get started. Sounds like Isaac is starting his exercising early ;-)

Lisa said...

Of course you're in training for a marathon. You're coaching me for Little Rock, remember?

Tammy said...

Walking is great too, I just started again. My doctors told me on monday I needed to wait another 5 more weeks to run :(, but said I could walk (yippee)

It's a great feeling when you can feel a little baby moving inside of you.... Once you give birth you actually miss it, but than you have that little baby to enjoy and watch grow up and you can enjoy your running with.

lizzie lee said...

I can imagine Isaac saying: MOM, let's walk!!!

CewTwo said...

You motivate me! I feel so inspired when you write. I guess that I am tired of training. It seems that it has been going on for so long! But then I read how you love, find it satisfying, and look forward to more; I am humbled. Humbled, but driven now to continue.

Gee... I hear the waether in Las Vegas is great around the 7th of December...