Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Best. Gift. Ever.

This post is tragically overdue. Ages ago I received the best e-mail from Petra. She offered to send me her "gently used" jogger. Of course I jumped at the offer! I planned to purchase one, and they're quite costly (considering it is not a "baby necessity"). In fact, I hoped to get one for Christmas.

So I suggested that she take it aboard the plane from London to Chicago (she was going to run the Chicago Marathon) to save on freight, i.e. mailing it from within the USA. She wouldn't even let me pay for shipping! Best. Gift. Ever. It arrived when we were on our trip to Philadelphia.

Here I am with Isaac's future wheels! 35 weeks pregnant and going strong (or at least going...)

I don't think I can properly express how much this generous gift means to me! It will help to ensure that I remain my runner self post-birth, and that means the world to me. Thank you, Petra!

7 comments:

ShirleyPerly said...

An awesome gift from an awesome friend. May it see many more miles!

Road Warrior said...

What a great gift! And it doesn't surprise me that Petra was the one to send it.

I saw a woman running this morning with her child in a stroller. I think it was 15 degrees. That kid will be marathon running by age 5. That, or will have permanent frostbite!

Tammy said...

Wow that is a nice gift!!, I got one from Marathon Chris and I used it alot!! You'll really enjoy it, best of luck.

Arland said...

Just think, soon you will be able to push the stroller and run.

Marathon Maritza said...

Petra's pretty awesome, isn't she? :)

Yay for post-pregnancy running!

Petraruns said...

I am so thrilled to see you with it! And I am even more thrilled that it's getting a new lease of life. It represents a lot to me - I bought it in 2001 with my first child when I always intended to go running, used it VERY lightly with my second but finally, finally, finally started running by the time he was too big. OH well. It's up to you now to wear it out!

lizzie lee said...

What a wonderful thing.. I have been able to see Petra's benevolence all the way since I "met" her.

Enjoy the gift, and you are certainly an inspiration to many.

love
lizzie