Wednesday, April 08, 2009

Team Point Two!

Aaah the schedule lives on! Today I advanced to week two of the Couch to 5K program. Now I am running for 90 seconds and walking for 2 minutes. So far, so good. I detected a little bit of abdominal soreness while running today, but I guess it's about time.

I was able to increase my time spent on the elliptical yesterday with ease. Hopefully my legs are adjusting to it! Tomorrow I plan to cycle a while, but Chasen has been having to work late, so I may have to do the elliptical instead (since obviously I can not take Isaac along - and I do not want to go riding late at night).

Did anyone listen yet to episode 24 of the Runners Round Table? Yours truly has been selected for TEAM POINT TWO!!! I am honored, excited and nervous all at the same time. My training and progress toward marathon number three will be public. Yikes! My marathon advisor will be THE John Ellis. I am thrilled! This should be quite an experience. John is the one who suggested the C25K program. And soon I'll be climbing stadium stairs as part of training. Wow!

Isaac says Happy Easter! It's not always easy to photograph a 7 week old...

5 comments:

Irish Blue said...

Cheez...I need to get caught up here. I'll listen to the episode. So, what marathon are you running?

That is the cutest Easter pic eva!!!!

Petraruns said...

Me too - although I did kind of know.. I am so thrilled for you this is very very exciting...

And I love those piccies - that boy is the cutest ever!

Susan said...

you go, girl!! :-)

Yes, everyone wants to know--what marathon will you be running?!

Happy Easter! Isaac is so cute--hugs to you guys!

ShirleyPerly said...

Can't wait to hear which marathon it is! And LOVE that cute little Easter bunny photo.

jeanne said...

wow, congratulations, that is thrilling! and well deserved! John Ellis is a celebrity! & now so are you!