Friday, June 05, 2009

Harbortown 5K

I was very pleasantly surprised when Chasen suggested that we run another 5K. Sign me up, I said! The thing about Memphis is that there is a 5K every Friday night, it seems. Gotta love it!Our race was the Harbortown 5K. It takes place in the Harbortown neighborhood of downtown Memphis.

I helped Mommy work today so that we could get everything done before time to go.

What? Daddy is going to push me this time? Well, OK, if you say so...

We met up with Lisa. It has actually been several weeks since I last saw my dear friend, so it was high time! We all chatted before the start of the race. She didn't know if she'd run or walk/run, so we didn't make plans to try to stick together. I was feeling pretty good, so I aimed to RUN (sans Garmin). I made the first mile in 12:07 (minus my delayed start). So I was hustling! I kept up a good pace and at mile 2 the time was called out as 24:something. Whoa baby! I couldn't believe it! But then, as usual, there was lots of walking during mile 3. I crossed the line of the gorgeous course in 39:04, I think. Not too shabby! That's 5 minutes faster than last week -- but there was no stroller or monster hill involved tonight.

Lucky me - number 1234.

Chasen and Isaac were waiting on me. Together we all waited for Lisa to finish.

There's our girl, number 227.

Afterward Chasen headed to the beer tent. I chilled with my little man:

"I am a pro stroller sitter!"

Double-fisted Daddy. No drinking and racing! (or driving us home)

Where's my bottle? I've had quite enough of this.

The Terrific Trio

Post-race chillin' at home.

Just another wonderful Friday night!

5 comments:

Petraruns said...

What a racer that Isaac is becoming - well done on you all. I can see a very good Friday night habit here - a 5K race and a beer. Sounds good to me..

Lisa said...

It was SO GREAT to see you! I wish we could have spent more time together tho. I've got a lot of training to do to keep up with you! In the meantime, I'll be holding your race packets hostage until next time. Gibson Guitar any one?

Brian Carlson said...

That was a fun race. I was able to squeak it in under 30mins at 29:43 (according to my time). However, I didnt like having to come to a dead stop 30 feet before the finish line and stand in a line to walk to the finish.

I've been following and enjoying your blog for about a month now. Keep up the running and hard work.

Take Care

MarathonChris said...

Congrats on another 5K! Welcome back to the road!

ShirleyPerly said...

Wow, 5Ks every Friday?!? That's wonderful!
Isaac sure does seem to be enjoying it. Great family photo too.