Tuesday, November 03, 2009

Failure To Launch

Not all transitions are easy, come to find out. In this case, it's not exactly my fault. Apparently babies do not automatically switch their internal clocks when daylight savings time comes around. Who knew?!?

I certainly intended to switch to early morning running this week. However, it has yet to happen. The reason for that is because Isaac is going to bed too darn early! Then he wakes up a few hours later, which he did not do previously. And poor ole mommy can't get back to sleep! So I shut off my alarm when it seems that I'd be operating on only 4 or 5 hours of sleep. Plus, Isaac is also waking up way too early. Aye aye aye!

[FYI even if Chasen is the one to go tend to Isaac, I still wake up and can't get back to sleep. It's a curse.]

Here we are enjoying a bonfire at our church's Fall Fest on Sunday evening.

On Monday I had 3 easy miles at 3:3 on the docket. Even though I didn't do it at the crack of dawn, I had it done before 10 AM. Good enough.

Mr. Autumn 2009 enjoys a few minutes in the front of our house.

Isaac developed the sniffles on Monday evening, and Chasen has a head cold. Now I have a boy who is fussy AND off his sleep schedule, plus a puny husband who should be resting (key word 'should') and helping with Isaac less. Calgon take me away! How am I going to complete these runs?

Today's 6-miler had to be done on the treadmill. Teddy Tready and I have become the best of friends. I know I should hit the road, but hey -- life happens. So, tonight I did 6 miles at 6:6, followed by five 20-second striders. Mission accomplished.

Let's hope Isaac and Chasen feel better soon! And thank goodness tomorrow is a rest day.

2 comments:

ShirleyPerly said...

Yes, sometimes life just gets in the way of our workouts. Maybe asking John which are the KEY workouts that you should make every effort not to miss and rearranging your workouts might help rather than just skipping whatever is supposed to be done for that day (i.e., skip the non-key workouts).

Hope the boys feel better soon!

Anonymous said...

Great job at getting on the treadmill! I have the hardest time running more than 2 miles on that nowadays...it's all mental.