Tuesday, August 24, 2010

New Data, New Photos AND A New Distance Runner

Life just keeps spinning on... and I am trying not to fall off! This past weekend was super busy with prepping for our open house (to sell our current home, as we are moving 4 miles from here), a church pool party, family portraits, grocery shopping, etc. So, I had to put off my 6 miles of speedwork until Monday because I was just exhausted. Chasen actually got on to me about that! But sometimes you just gotta do what you gotta do. I reminded him that this is my fourth marathon training season and I know what I am doing. Hmph! Granted, the heat has kept me from super long runs for weeks now... but we have actually had a tiny break in the heat and I just KNOW I can get in another long one before d-day.

Hats are back, in case you didn't know.

Chasen says "That boy sure does love him mama!"

Here is my little troublemaking angel. I love this guy!!!

My family, all sweaty at the Memphis Botanic Garden.

During our open house, which netted only one couple, we ran several errands. To kill a final bit of time, we went to the McDonald's playland - for the first and last time. Eeeeew!

This may be "safe," but it was NOT the cleanest place I have ever been.

Isaac had some help coming down the icky slide.

I did my 6 miles of speedwork, once again, at 9 PM. I just ought to change my name to Night Runner or something. Ha! I really tried to push it. I still used the 2:1 method and I was quite pleased with my efforts. I was sore afterwards, so I guess I did it right. LOL

My "antique" Garmin decided that its memory was full while I was out there, so I now have to delete the history and start fresh. It looks like it has saved 488 hours worth of runs, though! Wow!

It's no longer just a rumor; my husband Chasen has officially signed up to run the St. Jude Half Marathon on December 4th! He is even going to be a St. Jude Hero, like I was in 2007. Please click here to view his page. Thanks for your support!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my, those family pictures are adorable! And you look beautiful! I wouldn't know that you guys are standing out in heat at all.

Yeah, some of those play spaces are not so, um, tidy.

Way to go on your speedwork! You have become quite the night owl....but hey, if it works, it works!

Jacky said...

Beautiful family photos but... no wonder... beautiful family=beautiful photos :p
Well done on your training. Don't be too hard on yourself. Sometimes we can, sometimes we can't... after all we're human! I usually run in the evenings too but I am training in the am these days... and I find it soooooooo difficult... guess my body's not really used to it... then again, most races are in the am so...
Congrats on Chasen signing up for the 1/2... a hero indeed!
Hoping a house buyer comes around soon!

Unknown said...

Chasen... running a half marathon? Wow... I don't read blogs for a few weeks and everyone is off doing bigger and better things, and here I am with just delusions of grandeur!

Pics are awesome!

lizzie lee said...

Have I mentioned ever that your boy is extremely cute????...Congrats for your hubby's decision of running a marathon. I am far away to convince my husband of running one mile... Fourth marathon, so will be NY for me...Just around the corner... take care... and keep running.

sincere-lee
lizzie lee