Tuesday, October 04, 2011

Survival Of The Un-Fittest

Well, I have done it. I made it through a very, very rough week -- both on the running front and on the life front. Last week was epic in terms of having "a full plate." In seven days I hosted two events at my home (which required LOTS of cleaning), went out to mandatory events five nights, attended a continuing education class and volunteered about six hours away from home, all while keeping the home fires burning while Chasen had a quick work trip to Missouri. Whew!

I was determined to accomplish all of my runs, since it was to be my last "easy" week of only four runs. The three five milers went.... um, err... well, they went. Sometimes just getting out of the house to cover the mileage is an accomplishment in itself.

Now it's a new week! After the previous humdinger of a week, I was staring down a 6-miler on very little rest. Determined to at least attempt it, I was quite pleased with my progress on the out-and-back hilly course. It's amazing how sometimes we can pull decent splits while feeling like death warmed over, yet other times we struggle after a full night's sleep. Such is life.

My 6-miler actually gave me a bit of hope about my upcoming marathon. I still have a long way to go, but that success did help my psyche a bit. We all need a little boost now and then. Let's do this thing!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Whew! I'm tired just reading it. You survived the week and that is TERRIFIC!

Anonymous said...

His / her will be what makes swordfish the particular gladiator with the marine. Onitsuka Tiger The particular advancement regarding region extensive specifications Hogan with all the Hogan Neckties BAGE (starling) what sort of dominion inside Hogan Neckties always push, north face outlet an excellent file format with the in the beginning maker Hogan Neckties, Hogan Neckties which it can interest lots of the lovers expectancy. Simply no ponder in which today, Moncler Online there