Thursday, October 13, 2011

Woe Is Me

The past two weeks of running have been TOUGH. All I can seem to do is "get through it." I have come up with a few excuses (103 day running sabbatical over the summer, weight gain, poor sleeping - to name a few), but hey... it is what it is.

In other news, Chasen has left for yet another work trip to China. This is trip #4 since this time last year. Prior to him flying the coop, we tried to make sure that Isaac got plenty of "daddy time."





Last week I skipped TWO runs because I was just plain worn out. They weren't long runs, but still. I don't like to skip runs. This week I ran eight miles on Monday evening prior to Chasen's departure. Eight miles! As opposed to my opening statement, it went decently. Every run since then has been in the toilet. The Hanson Brothers are kicking my rear. By Wednesday's long run I am just dragging.

That said, I am just happy to be getting the runs done considering that Chasen is gone and I only have the time Isaac is at Mother's Day Out to run. People keep telling me "completing the distance is good enough." While I somewhat agree, I am desperate for a good run. Let's hope one appears soon!

1 comment:

Susan said...

Isaac really is a cutie pie!

So...you're on your own for how long? I saw your tweet ... so does this mean you're not going to run that race, or did you injure yourself...or what? :-) I hope all is well for you!