Monday, December 12, 2011

I Get By With A Little Help From My Friends

After a hectic time of torrential downpours followed by snow, I didn't do my second easy run of last week. I did, however, get back on track the next day with a 4-mile walk. I just love walking, especially with my ipod. This time, however, I accidentally left it at home. Doh! It turned out to be a blessing, as I had over an hour to sort out lots of stuff. That is priceless.

What is also priceless, is enjoying Isaac's favorite meal with him: anything that involves chips.

Making cookies with my boy is also pretty special. :-)

Isaac received a card from Santa -- all the way from the North Pole!

He sure did have fun helping me make cheese biscuits - a Greenville, Mississippi thang.

Looks like he's having fun to me! He is a big time helper.

According to Chasen, we could rent him out to rake leaves!

A very, very big "helper" in my running life is my friend Terry. He has been my coach since 2006! After lamenting about losing my running mojo, he made a very zen-like suggestion to me: leave my Garmin at home for my longrun. Whaaaaaa? No details? Well, guess what -- it was fabulous. I did way more running than walking! I never really "lost steam." I picked a known out-and-back course and six miles came and went.

What have I learned? Sometimes you've got to shake things up. I plan to do my upcoming 7-mile run sans Garmin, also. If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

No comments: