Saturday, February 04, 2012

Using My Time Wisely

After beginning to show signs of metatarsal area soreness in my right foot, per my last post, I decided to skip last weekend's 5-miler. It's only five miles, after all. I made the decision after running 40 minutes, per Galloway, on Wednesday and feeling soreness, I decided to skip my 4-mile walk on Thursday and the 5-mile run on Saturday. Chasen noted that my lower legs had very tight muscles throughout the weekend. Finally, on Sunday night I was given "not tight at all" status, so I decided to set out on another 40-minute journey on Monday. But how on earth did I occupy myself for all of those days off?

I had the opportunity to do a bit of architecture work. It's a rarity, so I JUMPED at the chance. A couple wants to build a detached cottage by their house with a connecting breezeway.

The cottage will go in the space just beyond the driveway.

Also, as you know, I am an amateur cheesecake baker. I donated a certificate for one of my tiered creations to a local charity event. The winning bidder requested an LSU-themed celebration.

Here is the scrumptious prize. Looks straight out of Baton Rouge, right?

Timing really is everything. Thanks to my sore metatarsals, I had time to devote to work and cheesecake. I could have done it all, but deleting running from the equation allowed me to do the jobs well and with much less time stress. Thank heaven for small favors.

Today I got back out there. I thought about putting it off until Wednesday, giving me an entire week off, but I was pain free and felt up to it. I got through at least 20 of the 40 minutes without any discomfort at all. It was by no means awful, but I knew something was going on. Hmm... I have a 15-miler on deck for Saturday. What to do?

I am 13 weeks out from The Flying Pig Marathon. I have time. And I have built into a week of "fluff" into the schedule. WHAT TO DO? I want to feel 100%, but is that even possible?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Petraruns said...

Delete the spammer!

I think you made a WISE decision not to run and I hope you're going to continue to take it easier on yourself until you're painfree?

lizzie lee said...

that's an awesome cake

Nike said...

Not only do your feet stay Ugg Boots Sale dry but the Thinsulate ultra insulation also ensures greater ease. language learning software It works by trapping air molecules between you and the outside. The more air a material traps in a given space, true religion sale the greater is its insulating value. The microfibers in Thinsulate insulation are far finer than other fibers; they trap more air in less space, which naturally Babyliss Pro 230 makes it a better insulator.