Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Fit Camp, Night #2

W-O-W!!! Last night Fit Camp was a doozy. I think it really should be called Find-Out-Your-Deficiencies Camp. It was brutal.

I got there a bit early and was told to warm up on a treadmill. I walked - a luxury. Then we all had to get stretchy bands with handles, plus some hand weights (I got 5 pound ones). We lined up in rows of three and the female trainer started us out. We used those stretchy bands and worked our upper body in every possible way. It wasn't all that bad... but then she made us switch to the hand weights. That's when I began thinking "I don't like you very much!" That made me get a huge smile, through the pain, because I knew it wasn't personal which cracked me up. Maybe you had to be there. She finished us with push-ups -- yuck. After all that upper body work, they were very difficult for me.

Next was the male trainer's turn. I believe he is her husband. Somehow, his brand of torture doesn't anger me so much. He made us get a partner and do boxing punches with the bands while the partner held them tight behind us for resistance. That was not all that difficult for me. But then... we hit the floor. He worked our core in every possible way. My upper legs, abs, lats, etc. were worked to their limit. OUCH. That's when I realized that my major deficiency is that general area.

The night was ended by a repeat of the run that we did on night one. It was much harder for me this time, since ALL of my muscles had been worked over! I think I'll be sore tomorrow. So far, so good. But it was a super hard hour and fifteen minutes. Fit Camp defines "challenge" for me this week!

No comments: