Monday, September 18, 2006

Run #20 - Chased by Chasen



I did it! I made up my missed 1.5 mile Velocity run (which should simulate a road race, i.e. hurry hurry hurry). I got home from work, talked with my husband for a while, noticed that he had his running clothes on, and suggested that we run together. He, Chasen, is a FAST runner. He could outrun me any day.

Off we went, down the service road. I was trying to beat a 10-minute pace. At first I was in the lead (not that it was a race...) and then Mr. Speedy zoomed by me. I tried to get his attention at the .75 mile turn around point, but he was so far ahead that he couldn't hear me. So I just turned and started home! Ha. The next thing I knew, he sprinted past me.

We finished the run in 14:50:30. That's a 9:55 pace. Yay! And, it was nice for him to experience my route, routine, etc, with me. We had a nice cooldown walk home. Thanks, Chasen!

No comments: