Monday, October 09, 2006

Worth Mentioning

As someone who now LIVES for this blog, I realized that I left off some info. First, all of the squats and lunges at Fit Camp on Friday night left me very, very sore for Saturday and Sunday. Today I am OK. I am generally amazed at the human body's ability to heal itself.

The WWH results are now up! Check out www.worldwidehalf.com to see everyone's times, comments, photos, etc. I look forward to hearing all of the upcoming podcasts about everyone's experiences. I know the Phedippedations podcast regarding it will be fabulous. I also look forward to the Burning Twenty podcast, as Adam started off as someone who wanted to lose 20 pounds in 20 weeks. He accomplished that and then set out to do his first half marathon. Check him out at www.burningtwenty.com. Another I look forward to is www.runningfromthereaper.com. Nigel from the UK hosts a great running podcast which originated with the training for the WWH. The WWH really got a huge community of runners together across the globe.

And, in less exciting news, I began a new fitness and diet notebook nine days ago. The victory is that I really stuck with my previous one for six months (it was a 180 page notebook). The new one is 200 pages, so I guess that holds me accountable until mid April...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry Honey, I didn't know about the diet book - probably shouldn't have brought the pizza home tonight instead of healthy left-overs.

Zen Runner said...

A week late, but I managed to cross the PWWHM finish line at 2:30:59 for my first 13.1 - unfortunately I took home a bad case of Plantar F. in my right foot as my souvenier. Hopefully it will heal up enough not to derail my efforts for January.

Thanks for the mention of my humble show BURNING20, and I'll be editing & posting the recordings sometime this week now that my work has backed off a bit and I won't be running anytime in the near future... as with everything else, I'll find a way to laugh through this - it is pretty funny when you think about it.

I've put a link to your great blog on my site. I hope to drive lots of visitors to your site to share in your great accomplishments. Way to go Susan! Keep Burning -Adam