Wednesday, November 29, 2006

LRM TR #17, Summertime Intervals?

LRM Miles Trained To Date: 81

70 degrees, humid, misting rain - I was on a mission. It is so strange to be wearing shorts and a tee at the end of November! (tomorrow is supposed to be really cold)

I'll be honest: I began the run with zest. The zest quickly faded. I don't know if it's because of the humidity, the amount of stuff on my mind, or my getting-to-the-end-of-its-lifespan cold, but I just wasn't into the run today. I hate that, but it's true.

I ran the first mile fully, but then I took a walking break during my recovery mile. I even took a short break during my final mile. Aack!

Mile 1: 11:21 (just a bit too slow)
Mile 2: 12:25 (recovery)
Mile 3: 10:57 (surprisingly in range)

I don't think I ran the intervals "properly," but today I feel fortunate just to have run at all. DEEP SIGH...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good job - I say you get a bonus point as a good deed - you kept on going when you weren't "feeling it" and the last mile turned out the way it was supposed to. Great job!

Unknown said...

Based on your Mile Split Times, you were a little "all over the place". This will come with practice. Your much faster than you previous thought, so as your body is getting used to the new speed, it will plateau though, so expect that. We are hoping that for Little Rock it will plateau at a pace that makes your goal time seem very easy for the 26.2 miles