Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Respecting Illness... With A Plan

Here we go again! On Monday I developed a sore throat. By Monday night I was burning up and weak. On Tuesday (my usual rest day) I sipped hot tea all day at work. I only felt weak and nauseated just before lunchtime. Tuesday night was A-OK. I intended to run this morning (3 miles of speedwork) but decided that one more day of TLC would be best. So, I got up and studied for my next two professional exams (and believe me, I'd rather be running). I intend to run tomorrow. I just know I'll be up to it. Plus, I have to create a calorie deficit for the Thanksgiving bonanza!

If all goes according to plan, on Saturday (the day on which I'll turn Sweet Sixteen... um... twice...) I will become an official member of the Dump Runner's Club. Matt, a fellow Architect in Colorado, hosts a podcast called The Dump Runner's Club. www.dumprunnersclub.com When he was in college, every year before Halloween he and his running friends would run to, what else, the dump. Finally, I have located my local dump. It is approximately twelve miles from home, so that will work out perfectly with this week's longrun. So, on Saturday I plan to be a 32-year-old dump runner.

1 comment:

MarathonChris said...

Hope you feel great for your run! And also hope you have a good dump run. :-)