Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Holiday 2006 Challenge - Week 1 Report

What a week! Both Katie and I agree that this challenge has made us MUCH more accountable. It has pointed out our weak areas (for me - dairy intake, for her - fruits and vegetables) and made us much more aware of what we need to do. It has also prompted us to celebrate our successes more. For example, I view going running when I'm extremely tired as a necessary evil (must stay on schedule!) but Katie has helped me to see that it's a victory of sorts, i.e. choosing to run over being "lazy" and skipping it. That is a "good deed," which earned me a point. Katie, on the other hand, has gone out of her way to set "gym dates" with friends, and has even gone so far as to go pick the friend up. That is also a good deed! She is helping out both herself and her friend. We both wholeheartedly agree that we wouldn't be making ourselves do pushups, crunches, etc. at night if it wasn't for this challenge. So we are glad we are participating!

Katie earned 47.5 points and lost two pounds!
I earned 47 points and lost one pound!

Last week Katie and I shared a common goal of avoiding "mindless snacking" at work. This week she plans to build on that by re-committing to journaling her food intake. I plan to build on that by increasing my water intake. You see, sometimes I am guilty of letting the water I consume during running and directly after running count towards my daily water intake. My goal is to let that "running water" purely be "extra" on top of my daily water intake.

The "race" is close, and we love it. Stay tuned!

3 comments:

MarathonChris said...

Way to go you guys!!!

CewTwo said...

I'm impressed. No way would I get the point for calisthenics, though...

jeanne said...

what is this challenge you speak of? I must go find it!