Wednesday, December 06, 2006

LRM TR #21

LRM Miles Trained To Date: 107

42 degrees outside - A HEAT WAVE! That's what I told my husband as I persuaded him to get out of bed before 6 AM and drive me three miles away and "leave me for dead," as he said. I was to do a 3-mile velocity run today (which simulates a race), so I thought it might be best if I did a straight run in lieu of an out-and-back. Well I did! It was really, really dark at first. Normally, since my runs are mostly out-and-backs, I run closer to home where there are more street lights. But on this particular 3-mile course, I ran through a lovely, tranquil road without much traffic - or street lights. It was nice, actually - just not super well-lit. But the sun began to rise soon enough. I'm very lucky because I get to watch the sun rise at least three times per week!

Mile 1: 10:18 (wowee!)
Mile 2: 10:55 (almost perfect)
Mile 3: 11:04 (exactly!)
Total: 32:19
Average: 10:47 per mile (technically a bit too fast, but I am very proud!)

Tomorrow I have to do a 4-mile easy (slow) run. Bring it on!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Great Job! Your mileage time is getting more and more consistent!

Anonymous said...

Excellent work!