Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Holiday 2006 Challenge - Week 4 Report

We are now 80% done with this challenge and past the big holiday. This week brings a bit of an odd report. Lucky Duck Katie has this entire week off of work... and she was so ecstatic about it that she forgot to e-mail her spreadsheet home to keep track of her earned points... so she has given me permission to declare myself the weekly winner. Thanks, Miss Vacation!

I earned 46 points this past week and miraculously managed to lose 0.4 pounds - a real Christmas miracle! I think my running mileage saved me. Anyway... Katie, who was VERY much on her game (unlike me), gained 2.0 pounds. That is a pity, because she is the workout queen. However, we all know that bodies do weird things sometimes (like lose at Christmas, in my case - very, very strange).

As we enter our last week, we both wish there was some way we could extend this challenge into the new year. I'm trying to think of ways to tweak it a bit to make it work. We shall see. Stay tuned!

2 comments:

CewTwo said...

I received some running duds for Christmas, as well. I had planned to take Christmas off (ran extra vefore and after). After getting the duds, I realized that my friends want to support me in my running and weight control. Not wanting to disappoint them, I ran a 10K on the treadmill.

It is just as well that I did as the ham was delicious and everything else that went with it!!!

MarathonChris said...

I think you can extend it, one month at a time. Do the Jan 2007 Challenge - then Feb....invite some others to join the fun.

Or do an Adam Tinkoff Burning 20 kind of thing.

Great job hanging in there during the holidays. If you can do it now you can do it anytime!